How to become a Member of OCC
Written by OCC Board
Thursday, 22 October 2009 09:39
Becoming a member is easy! The Off-Camber Crawlers induct new members at the March and September club meetings.
In order to be considered for membership, you need to fulfill the four following requirements with in a 12 month period:
- Attend at least one club meeting. (The March and September meetings do not count towards membership if that is the same meeting in which you are beingvoted in.)
- Attend one official trail ride.
- Attend one other official club event of your choice: a trail ride, a meeting, a trail cleanup, official Club picnic/party. (Historically, any other event does not count (ie. wrenching, happy hours), but the Board can determine on an as-requested basis if your other event would count).
- You will need to make sure you have all the required safety equipment in/on your vehicle as listed at the bottom of the registration form:
- Be capable of the road ('Trail-only' rigs excluded)
- Have solid recovery points on the front and rear of the vehicle
- Have properly installed seat belts for all passengers
- Have a lifting jack capable of lifting the vehicle's tire off the ground
- Have a spare tire compatible with the other four tires. ('Trail-only' rigs excluded)
- Have a standard First Aid kit.
- Have an operational fire extinguisher.
Once you have fulfilled the four requirements listed above, you need to send a letter/e-mail of intent identifying the accomplished requirements to the OCC board at:
or snail mail at: Off-Camber Crawlers, PO Box 1314, Springfield, VA 22151.
E-mail/Letter must arrive at least one week before the March or September meeting to be considered for membership at that meeting. At the meeting you must have a completed registration form and your membership dues in hand. Membership can only be considered if all of the requirements have been met. As a reminder, OCC accepts new members in March and September only.
Any questions should be directed to theOCC Member-At-Largeor simply ask the OCC board (
Your membership cannot be finalized untilwe have these three forms completed and provided to the Secretary.
1.Member Registration Form
2. Medical Release/Information Form
3. Liability Release Waiver
The forms can be found in the DOCUMENTS section of this site.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 February 2013 16:40